Google

conservative by nature's favorite Quotes

These are some of my favorite quotes. Many come from my reading. I recently discovered the Arcamax history and quote page. You can subscribe as well. Think you have one I would like? Email me then! Claude Monet: "Everyone discusses my art and pretends to understand, as if it were necessary to understand, when it is simply necessary to love."

Name:
Location: United States

Favorite composer: Debussy; Favorite artist: Monet; Favorite old author: Charles Dickens

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Edward Everett


American educator
(1794-1865)

All the distinctive features and superiority of our republican institutions are derived from the teachings of Scripture.

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army. {Well, it USE to be anyway.....now? We "taught" Americans that their nation is a democracy when in fact it WAS a Republic. There is a big difference between the two.....and a democracy is NOT what you want. The education "system" is broken. Throwing more money at it and developing more programs is not going to fix it either. Our children are graduating illiterate with no idea on how to defend their freedoms or even what freedoms need to be defended.}

I am only one, But still I am one. I cannot do everything, But still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. {Therefore, I blog!}



Top of Page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home