Google

conservative by nature's favorite Quotes

These are some of my favorite quotes. Many come from my reading. I recently discovered the Arcamax history and quote page. You can subscribe as well. Think you have one I would like? Email me then! Claude Monet: "Everyone discusses my art and pretends to understand, as if it were necessary to understand, when it is simply necessary to love."

Name:
Location: United States

Favorite composer: Debussy; Favorite artist: Monet; Favorite old author: Charles Dickens

Friday, April 28, 2006

Mary Harris (Mother) Jones

American labor agitator
(1830-1930)

I am not afraid of the pen, or the scaffold, or the sword. I will tell the truth wherever I please. {What is it the younger generation says? "You go, girl?" !!}

Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living.

My address is like my shoes. It travels with me. I abide where there is a fight against wrong.

Sit down and read. Educate yourself for the coming conflicts. {Oh NO, this means turning the stupid boob tube off......}

I asked a man in prison once how he happened to be there and he said he had stolen a pair of shoes. I told him if he had stolen a railroad he would be a United States Senator. {There has ALWAYS been two sets of "laws" in this country. If you're poor AND a minority, you don't have a chance in hades to be judged by that other set of laws......}

Top of Page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home