Google

conservative by nature's favorite Quotes

These are some of my favorite quotes. Many come from my reading. I recently discovered the Arcamax history and quote page. You can subscribe as well. Think you have one I would like? Email me then! Claude Monet: "Everyone discusses my art and pretends to understand, as if it were necessary to understand, when it is simply necessary to love."

Name:
Location: United States

Favorite composer: Debussy; Favorite artist: Monet; Favorite old author: Charles Dickens

Sunday, November 06, 2005

President James K. Polk

11th President
(1795-1849)

Foreign powers do not seem to appreciate the true character of our government.

I prefer to supervise the whole operations of Government myself rather than entrust the public business to subord. {Must have been when there were only a dozen government employees......instead of millions; oh, where did we go wrong?}

It becomes us in humility to make our devout acknowledgments to the Supreme Ruler of the Universe for the inestimable civil and religious blessings with which we are favored. {Don't tell me this country was NOT founded by religious men. The proof is in their own words and writing.}

Minorities have a right to appeal to the Constitution as a shield against such oppression.

One great object of the Constitution was to restrain majorities from oppressing minorities or encroaching upon their just rights. {This means Christians too......}



Top of Page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home